Thursday, December 09, 2004

Unchained Melody.......

I had a girlfriend (yeah, really) who, for reasons known only to her, decided "Unchained Melody", sung by the Rightous Brothers, would be "our" song. For those who know me and read this, forget it-I'm not naming names..

Some time after we parted company (read that as she dumped my ass) I had "Big Tim", a reserve officer, riding with me. Big Tim is everything the name implies. BIG. We were riding down the street that day, doing as little as possible, listening to the radio, when "Unchained Melody" comes on. I looked at him, put my hand on his thigh, and said "I just love this song." That was really not the thing to do. One hand came up in a fist, the other grabs the door handle, and Big Tim is trying to get out of the car as we're going down the street. Had he another hand to unhook the seat belt he would've bailed, moving or not. He'll let me give him the "secret society" handshake, but I'll never touch his thigh again.....

As a side note, I still think of her every time I hear that song. I think how lucky I am that she dumped me, and I'm married to the woman with me now. But I'm still not naming her........

2 Comments:

Blogger carbuncle said...

I am a physic....
I see she was someone who liked to bite and hit you.
I see some in your family calling her names, such as "Polly Pissy Pants".
That will be $39.95 please.
Thank you

December 12, 2004 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger David said...

Gee. Missed that one.

December 12, 2004 at 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home