Sunday, December 05, 2004

Shots fired.......

Late one night during one of the deer seasons we got a "shots fired" call. The caller wasn't real specific about the locaion, giving use an area about 3/4 of a mile square. My Officers, plus 2 local Deputies, searched the area pretty hot and heavy since it bordered on a public housing area and it could have been the real thing. We searched for some time before one Deputy came on the air and said he found the cause. He gave us an address in the area so we all converged on it, figuring it might not be much since there were no other calls.

When I got there the lady of the house was outside, spitting mad because her son, who just got home from deer hunting, blew a hole in the side of the house. She said he was setting on the bedroom floor, trying to clear his rifle, when it went off. I told her they never got too old to spank and she agreed, saying that a spanking was a very real possibility. I then went inside to see the young lad, only to find a 27 year old, still living at home with Mom and Dad, in his own room, complete with car posters on the walls, and JOHN DEERE TRACTORS sheets and pillow case. He told me he was sorry for the trouble he caused, and he would be more careful next time. I told him I doubted there would be a next time, and he was the one with the trouble becasue Mom was probably literally going to spank him. From the look on his face I think he knew what was really going to happen after we left.

I don't know what happened after we left, but I'm glad I wasn't there when it happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home