Thursday, December 02, 2004

My years on the job

I've been in law enforcement in one way or the other for almost 33 years. During that time I've collected a bunch of stories, most of which are true. I've thought about setting down and putting them on paper, and then my daughter-in-law started posting on this site. I thought this might be the place to do it. Either way I have to start doing something soon or I won't be able to remember what I did yesterday. As a matter of fact, I really can't remember some of yesterday so I better hurry up. I'll attempt to pass some of those on for whomever wants to read them.

Some folks will see the humor (especially other cops and emergency service workers), while others won't. Some people will understand some of the stories and know where I'm coming from, and others will have absolutely no clue. Hell, maybe everyone who reads these will think I'm just some old guy who can't remember what happened yesterday and I'm just rambling on. Either way, if you like them let me know.

David

4 Comments:

Blogger Phil Latio said...

The Reluctant Yuppie is looking forward to seeing some of your stories. Your first post reminds me of that ambulance movie with Nick Cage, directed by Scorcese. Good stuff.

Welcome to the blogosphere!

-phil

December 1, 2004 at 11:36 PM  
Blogger David said...

I watched that movie one time a few years ago. Being a former "ambulance driver" myself I could relate to him on a few things. Maybe more than a few things.

Thanks for the welcome, and it's just a matter of time in getting more stuff posted.

December 2, 2004 at 7:52 AM  
Blogger twentymileblock said...

So far I'm enjoying what you're writing. It's made me laugh.

December 2, 2004 at 8:33 PM  
Blogger carbuncle said...

Do you think you're Mickey Spillane?
Do you think you're some kind of f*****g writer?

Gunnery Sergeant Hartmann in
"Full Metal Jacket"

December 12, 2004 at 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home